Blue Matter is looking for an experienced Training and Development professional to assist in the design, development, and implementation of a comprehensive professional services firm’s training and development program.
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate and highly knowledgeable about organizational training and development
- Has experience either as a management consultant or working within the training and development function of a management consultancy
- Has experience working in or serving healthcare companies, and specifically within biopharma
This is a full-time role. Location is flexible.
The role includes frequent (approximately 25%) travel to the various Blue Matter offices (San Francisco, New York, London, Zurich, and Berlin) and other locations as required.
- Assist in the identification and continual assessment of Blue Matter training needs
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Blue Matter Academy Training and Development Plan
- Coordinate across Blue Matter to align Training and Development efforts to staffing, performance management, and mentoring activities
- Recommend training and development strategies, tactics, and investments to senior leadership
- Manage a group of faculty consisting of consultants and consulting leaders
- Lead faculty in the design and development of training modules and content consistent with established standards (must be able to develop some content if faculty not available)
- Monitor and/or conduct training workshops in conjunction with faculty
- Ensure training content is maintained, accessible via Intranet, and folder system is well structured
- Track training and development of individual team members across US and Europe offices
- Institute a measurement plan to highlight adherence to the training plan and the effectiveness of training efforts
DESIRED EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS
- 8+ years of professional work experience, ideally:
- In organizational training and development
- As a management consultant or working within the training and development function of a management consultancy
- In healthcare (biopharma preferred)
- Able to collaborate and use influence to drive impact across multiple locations
- Proactive, self-driven, and positive attitude
- Able to work in an unstructured, entrepreneurial environment (we are a fast growing company!)
- Demonstrated success in a 100% telecommute position
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, specifically PowerPoint
- Advanced degree is preferred
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- Fun and dynamic work environment and team
- Travel, including internationally
- Ability to make an impact in a fast growing company
This position reports to the Head of Blue Matter Academy.
ABOUT BLUE MATTER (www.bluematterconsulting.com)
Founded in 2012, Blue Matter is a consulting firm serving the life sciences industry. We strive to bring a new approach to consulting with original ideas that deliver a meaningful impact.
Our clients include top global bio-pharmaceutical companies to small emerging players. We work with CEOs, Chief Commercial Officers, Franchise Heads, Product Directors, Functional Area Leaders.
We are a team of diverse personalities with shared passions and values. All of us have significant depth and breadth of experience across the life sciences industry and/or relevant scientific and medical training (50%+ PhDs, MDs, and PharmDs).